Khaman dhokla is a delicious Gujarati snack which is similar texture like cake is very popular in India….. Khaman dhokla are prepared and steamed till. It’s luffiest, softest, spongiest like idlis.. If you tried making dhokla but never got a fluffy and soft sure checkout this way…
- For Dhokla :
- Besan/ Chickpea flour – 250 gms (1 & 1/2 cup)
- Curd/Yogurt – 1/2 cup (not very sour)
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Cooking/Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- For seasoning to be mixed to the batter (to be added just before cooking)
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric a pinch
- Green Chili paste – 1 – 2 (or as per taste)
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Citric acid – quarter tsp (or lemon juice)
- Eno – 1 small packet (green colour fruit lime) + some more for sprinkling on the plate
- salt to taste
- For tempering
- Mustard Seeds
- Little water + Oil to be topped on dhoklas
1) Mix first 1/2 cup curds with 1/2 water
2) Add the besan and mix well to get a lump less batter, the consistency should be of idli batter, more of dropping not pouring consistency.
3)Now take a steaming high sided plate and grease it well with oil. Set aside till use.
4)Slowly add more water if needed else, add the soda. Keep it aside to rise for 1 hour. To the batter mix in the citric acid, oil, salt, sugar, green chili paste and turmeric powder. Mix well. This has to be done just before pouring to the plate
5)Meanwhile have the pan on stove, and let the water start boiling. When the water reaches the rolling stage, you can mix the eno to the batter (Save little of eno for dusting on the plate), mix gently, you will see bubbles coming out.
6)Pour it immediately in the grease plate and pop into the steamer.
Steam it for 15 to 20 mins or till a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
6) When the dhokla is steaming, make the green chutney. Take all ingredients in a blender and make into a smooth paste. Your green chutney is done. Set aside till serving.
7) Now After 20 mins remove the dhokla from the steamer and set aside. Now make the tempering, heat oil in a tadka pan, add in mustard, green chilli, asafoetida and let them sizzle for a min. Take it off the stove and Pour in water and mix them well.
8) Now drizzle this all over the dhokla, you can top it with coriander leaves and coconut.
9) Slice and Serve with green chutney.