Rava Upma is one of the most common breakfasts in India and its a traditional South Indian breakfast dish based on rava (semolina or suji). I love eating upma with a cup of good coffee. This is the way it was made at home all through my childhood and the way I make it now. You can also make it healthier by adding a lot of boiled veggies like carrots, beans, potatoes, tomatoes and peas along with the semolina when cooking.. Its really a beautiful breakfast option for the entire family. I love to have my Rava Upma with a cup of coffee anytime during the day. But usually, its made in breakfast and served with Ghee/Sugar/Banana etc. Presenting below my take on Rava Upma. It’s simple but delightful. Do try for sure…
1 cup – Semolina or Sooji/Suji/Rava
2 tsp – Clarified butter or Ghee
1 tsp – Mustard seeds
1 tsp – cumin seeds
5-6 Fresh curry leaves
2 Green chilies
6 to 8 – Cashew nuts ( Kaju)
1 medium size – Onion peeled and finely chopped
1/4th cup – Fresh or frozen green peas
2 and 1/4th cups – Water
Salt- As per taste
1) Put semolina ( Rava or Sooji) in a heated pan on medium flame. Roast, stirring occasionally until fragrant (about 7-8 minutes).
Take out semolina and keep aside.
2) Take a pan add oil allow it too heat then add the tempering ingredients – mustard seeds, cumin seeds. If you wish you may also add spilt urad dal.
3) When mustard seeds sputter, Now add cashews. Give it a good stir and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
4) Add chopped onions curry leaves and green chilies.Cook for 2 minutes, then add peas stirring constantly.
5) Add water and salt, bring it to boil. Check for salt. Add the roasted rava in a sprinkled way as well as stirring side by side.
6) Will splutter a lot so be careful with it. Mix well, it will soon become thick absorbing water.Cook covered bringing the flame to low.
6)After 2 minutes remove the lid and give a quick stir to the mixture and switch off the flame.
7) Serve hot upma with chutney or sugar…
1) Don’t over-roast the semolina or it won’t cook well.
2) You can add finely chopped ginger, carrots, other vegetables available along with onions to make it more healthier…
Chilli Cheese Toast is an easy-to-make recipe. Needs very few ingredients and gets ready in no time. Perfect for evening snack or breakfast. Made with regular bread slices, these cheese sandwiches taste scrumptious and are prefect for occasions like picnics and road trips. Let us check quick and easy recipe to fill tummy whenever you are carving to eat.
4 slices Bread
2 tsp Cheese (grated)
1 Green Chilli (thin long variety)
1/2 tsp Chilli flakes
1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
1 tsp Mayonnaise
1/2 tsp Tomato sauce
1 tsp capsicum (optional)
1)Cut green chillies finely and grate cheese. Keep aside.
2)Take the bread slice and apply the Mayonnaise,tomato sauce and spread equally. Then spread cheese & chilli.
3) Sprinkle seasoning & chilli falkes evenly on top and cover with the remaining slices.
4)Heat a toaster/sandwich maker for few seconds. Place the prepared bread slices and cook till it turns golden brown.
5) Cut diagonally and serve hot with tomato sauce!
1)You can add capsicum as its less spicy.
2)Use long green chillies as it is less spicy.
Nowadays I am visiting many exhibitions and events recently I met the young pretty girl who is engineer turned entrepreneur, Sharon who started this brand Astrea.. I totally got impressed by her concept of providing handmade beauty products without adding any chemicals but in a natural way which smells heavenly. I was so much excited to visit her stall as she was about to launch Valentine’s day special products and hampers…
Astrea skin care is a brand of Pure, fresh and handmade bath and body products made from the finest organic materials , natural botanicals and scientific research.. This valentines day Im going to enjoy with Astrea Valentine Products and hampers for sure..
Astrea’s new range of products, Love Potion 7- a valentine exclusive! An eclectic range of face masks for every skin type, heavenly smelling massage bars and lip gloss for the perfect date! They Launched these products on Feb 5th and 6th at Style Kingdom Chennai , Buva house, KNK road. There was a free trial counter where everyone try out these amazing goodies after skin consultation.
I totally impressed with these three products from Valentine products line..
Bold & Beautiful which is a skin tightening and toning face mask. Ingredients are Spirulina and wheat germ. I used it for first time it had tightened my skin well and I am sure on regular use it wil brighten the skin more.For one time itself I can feel the difference in my skin. It really Nourishes the skin. Its an amazing cleanser. Also tones the skin giving instant glow.No side effects as well. All you have to do is, apply evenly on your face ,allow it to dry for 15 minutes to 20 minutes and then wash it off with water. You can feel the change forsure.. check here
Aromatherapist Massage Bars. Coffee – Orange and Vanilla Rose. With Shea butter, Beeswax and Almond oil. The perfect gift for Valentine. When I saw this product I fallen in love with this. You got to just rub the bar gently and smoothly on the body which will give heavenly smell and it work as a moisturizer and will relax your body and mind. Im totally addicted towards it..
Senorita lip gloss comes in red… It is a super moisturiser for the lips. Ingredients are: castor oil, jojoba oil and beeswax. Totally natural. Gift yourself ‘Senorita’ this valentine and feel like a princess! It is super moisturising and smells heavenly . What a fragrance!! Just a very little amount of the product on your lip and you go crazily happy like me.
Yes friends Astrea’s all natural face care products are turning out to be favourites among many …. Im totally loving all the products one by one.. So don’t forget to follow their page and order their products try it once for sure.. I know if you all try once you all will become a big fan of Astrea products like me.. I challenge you!!
Do follow their facebook page here
and follow their Instagram id @astreaskincare
Because you are going to love them as I do.
I would recommend these natural Astrea skincare naturally pure products to all my viewers and visitors to try out definitely.. I Love your products whole heartedly…
Style Kingdom Chennai is a Fashion and Lifestyle Exhibition displayed an exclusive Line up of Designers from across the country in the city of Chennai under one roof. The venue was BUVA HOUSE, Khader Nawaz Khan Road, Thousand Lights West, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.With a sheer passion for fashion and uniqueness Prachi Garg curated Style kingdom with multiple designers from various states of India to present their handpicked and bespoke collection in the city of Chennai. This pop up showcases a line-up of different concepts quarterly with every season’s latest trends for the fashionistas of the city. From toes to nose it provides you “have to have on me” stuff under one roof. Not only drapes and cuts , this platform also provides its shoppers a wide variety of finest Jewellery, accessories, footwear, Bags, clutches,Indian artifacts, Home decor, bridal trousseau etc.
Here are some of my favourite shops at Style Kingdom : Pink Cow : Pink Cow is a brand which offers vintage style dresses for little girls. With a wonderful selection of party and formal boutique clothing. They design dresses for girls between ages of 1 to 8 years and also customize for special occasions.
Fabloe : Fabloe is all about unique collection of genuine fabrics coupled with personalized variety of handcrafted traditional fabrics, sarees, stoles and more at affordable prices.
The Stylist : The Stylist is an original concept store, thoughtfully curating quality and exquisitely designed fashion. From clothing to accessories, classics to trendy pieces they showcase the best of fashion from brands under one roof!
Yellowsoles : Yellow soles is a brand with a passion for colours and footwear design, all women footwear from the label are designed for comfort and crafted to utmost perfection. Its pretty awesome.Do check out the website by clicking on the below link and pamper yourselves with some fine shoes..
Kiraah Kiraah is a just born brand who gives you a perfect outfit.
I totally loved the Comfi-Dhoti which is a Evergreen dhoti pants and an off-shoulder crop top with an oversized flare-flap.
Pristine : Pristine Handcrafted Natural Products are pure, handmade, well researched, made from high quality ingredients.We get Natural cold processed soaps, Creams, Hair Oils ,Pickles ,Face scrub/face pack and Lip balm.
Colour Me Mad : Colour Me Mad is an exciting footwear start up which provides luxury under your feet.Aiming combine super comfort and true craftsmanship!
Opalina Kurtis We get amazing and unique range of Daily work wear,casual occasion wear or just “feel good” at home wear dresses here.
munkee.see.munkee.doo : Munkee.see.munkee.doo is a fashion
label offering effortlessly cool urban staples with contemporary fashion dresses.
Sakthi Gold :
Sakthi Gold is a brand from Coimbatore offers a wide range of gold-plated silver, one-gram gold jewellery, German silver articles and artificial jewellery.
Many of my favourite brands like Astrea, Khushnuma Khambatta, Lace and frills and much more were on the exhibition…
I totally enjoyed the Style kingdom exhibition with amazing varieties of jewellery, accessories, dresses, footwear and much more under one roof.. Glued to my blog to know more fashion and lifestyle exhibitions in and around Chennai….
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
The Fried Vegetable Rolls is a popular Starter. Made of a large assortment of veggies, ranging from potatoes to beans and capsicum, this yummy starter is excitingly flavored with spices. It is a perfect starter for any party or gathering because there is something in it for everybody. It has been highly appreciated by all my guests who have tried it. Whenever I invite people for dinner, they ask if I will be serving crispy veggie rolls! Relish this starter hot and fresh, with tomato ketchup. You can serve these as a meal, wrapped in a tortilla or stuffed into a pita bread, or you can have them as an appetizer served on a skewer or toothpick with a side of my delicious, garlicky yogurt sauce
Hope this recipe pleases your crowd as well! Let’s see how to make yummy delicious Crispy vegetable rolls here..
2 cups boiled and mashed potatoes
1/2 cup finely chopped french beans
5 tbsp boiled green peas
1/4 cup finely chopped capsicum
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp soy sauce
salt to taste
1/2 cup plain flour (maida)
bread crumbs for rolling
oil for deep-frying
1. Combine the plain flour and approx. ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl, whisk well and keep aside.
2. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the green chillies and ginger- garlic paste, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
3. Add the french beans and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes.
4.Add the chilli powder and soy sauce, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds
5.Add the potatoes, green peas and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
6.Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape each portion into a roll shape.
7. Dip each roll into the prepared plain flour-water mixture so that it is evenly coated on all the sides.
8. Roll it in bread crumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
9. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry a few balls at a time on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in color from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
10. Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
Moong dal khasta kachoris make an amazing snack along with steaming hot cup of tea or coffee. It’s a spicy snack with the mixture of moong dal and other lip-smacking spices which is then deep fried to form a puri shape. There are several other variants of kachoris are there like Raj kachori, Mava kachori, Moong dal kachori, and Onion kachori. Kachori makes a mouthwatering appetizer and can be served with Tamarind Chutney. You can prepare moong dal khasta kachoris and store it in an air-tight container. They keep good for 8-10 days. You can prepare moong dal khasta kachoris and store it in an air-tight container and serve later with your guests instead of sweating in the kitchen.
2 cups Refined flour
1 tsp oil
4-5 tsp water, or as required
pinch of soda (optional)
salt to taste
For the Filling:
1/2 cup yellow moong dal
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tesp coriander powder
1/2 cumin powder / jeera powder
1/2 tsp dry mango powder / amchur powder
1/4 tsp garam masala
salt to taste
Oil to deep fry
a pinch of hing
To make dough:
1. Mix the flour, soda, salt and oil.
2. Add water slowly, mixing with your fingers slowly.
3. Add just enough water to get all the dough together and knead to make a soft and smooth dough
4. Now over the dough and let it rest for at least 20 minutes. Cover it with wet cloth.
To make Filling:
1. Soak and cook moong dal(half cooked), remove water and allow it to cool.
2. Heat a pan with 1-2 tbsp of oil into it. Once the gets heated, add hing, moong dal, cumin powder, coriander powder, salt, garam masala, turmeric powder and red chilly powder.
3.Allow it to cook over medium heat for about two to three minutes. Mix everything really well.
4. Transfer it to a bowl and allow it to cool down completely.
To make Kachoris:
1. Take the dough and knead it for a minute to make it smooth. Divide the dough into large lemon size equal parts.
2. Let the filled ball sit for three to four minutes before rolling.
3. Now Shape the dough ball into a bowl and place a tsp of stuffing on it. Close the stuffing and flatten it gently to shape it as kachori.
4. Heat the oil in frying pan over medium heat frying pan should have about one inch of oil. To check if oil is ready to put a little piece of dough in the oil. The Dough should sizzle, and come up very slow.
5. Drop the kachoris into the hot oil. Place as many kachoris as possible into the pan. Fry these stuffed moong dal kachori’s on medium-low heat. If the kachoris are fried on high heat, they will get soft and will not be crispy.
6. After they start to puff, slowly turn them over to the other side. Fry until golden-brown on both sides.
7. Transfer them to kitchen paper towel.
8. Serve these crispy and delectable kachoris steaming hot along with green coriander chutney, sweet chutney, hot tea or coffee. Serve them as a chat, pouring plain yogurt and chutney on top.
1. Kachoris can be stored for at least a week in an airtight container.
2. Fry kachoris on medium flame else they will not be crispy.