Brinjal sabzi provides all the nutrients required for your children and for elders in your family like your parents or in-laws staying with you. Actually brinjal is not only tasty but it has got tremendous health benefits and it can be made in various forms. Brinjal sabzi is widely made in Indian homes and definitely a delicious side dish recipe which goes really well with chapatis, roti & parathas. Its very quick and easy recipe and tastes just super delicious. If you are a brinjal lover, definitely you will love this recipe, so here it is…
8-10 Baby Eggplants
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 -3 tbsp tamarind extract
1 tsp Red Chilli powder
1/2 tsp Coriander powder
1 tsp Cumin powder
A pinch Asafoetida
1 tsp garlic
few curry leaves
Salt to taste
2 tsp Oil
- Using a knife, chop off the head and discard the head…Wash and cut the brinjal into cubes. Soak them in a bowl of water to avoid discoloration.
- Soak the tamarind in 2 tbsp of water for 10 minutes and extract the pulp. Take a large kadai heat 2 tbsp oil and splutter 1 tsp mustard, 1 tsp cumin seeds, a pinch of Asafoetida and few curry leaves.
- Add garlic and stir well
- Now add the spices, turmeric powder, chilli powder, ginger paste, garlic paste and salt.
- Saute for 1 minute and add tamarind water.
- Cook until the masala is cooked well and until oil starts releasing.
- Add the cut brinjal pieces into the cooked masala, mix well and cook for few minutes.
- Add about 1 small cup water and give a mix.
- Close the pan and cook till the brinjals are cooked and releases oil.
- Make sure that the brinjals do not get burnt or stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Switch of the flame and transfer into a serving dish.
- Serve hot baigan ki sabji recipe with rice or roti or parathas.
- Buy fresh brinjals and put the cut brinjals in salt water or sprinkle salt all over the baingan pieces inorder to avoid the bitter taste after cooking.
- Also do not compromise with oil, as baigan cooks with oil itself.
- I have used tamarind extract I don’t like to use tomatoes..