1/2 cup Gram Flour
1 tsp Red Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
•1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
• A Pinch Of Asafetida (Hing)
2 tsp Oil
Salt To Taste
Water as Needed (to make a tight dough)
2) Now Divide the dough to make marble sized balls, and press them like a disc. Spread them in a plate separately. And set aside.
4)Take a big Kadai add water and boil.. Then add Split green lentil and channa Dal. Bring to boil..Now add dumplings slowly..
)Allow the Dal and dumplings to cook for 10-15 mins. It should have perfect thick soup consistency. Remember it will thicken as it cools.
)Once it done..Heat ghee in a pan. Once the ghee is hot, add hing, cumin seeds and mustard seeds and let them crackle for a few seconds. Add curry leaves and garlic, green chilli and fry for a few seconds. Pour the tempering over the dal and give it a gentle mix.
7) Now Garnish the dal dhokli with fresh coriander (optional)
1. Dal Dhokli will stay fresh for 2 days in the refrigerator. Just heat it up right before serving.
2. Dal Dhokli thickens as it cools. Especially if there are leftovers for next day. You may add some warm water later to get desired consistency.
3. Makes great office or school lunch pack or for dinner..