If you happen to get your hands on a jackfruit, please don’t throw the seeds away. Instead, wash, boil and peel them and then use them in this hearty and filling Easy Jackfruit Seed salad. My own dish , I tried it for the first time and everyone in my family loved it.. So you also try and make your family happy… Jackfruit Seed Salad Recipe is a power packed salad as it has fresh ingredients like onions, and cucumbers combined with jackfruit seed.
It’s easy and a great way to prepare jackfruit seeds.
1 cup jackfruit seeds
1 cup onion chopped
1 cup cucumber chopped
1 green chilly chopped
Chopped coarinder leaves
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp jeera powder
salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the jackfruit seeds in a pan, add enough water into the pan to cover the jackfruit seeds and boil them for 25 minutes.
2.Let them cool, when cool enough to handle, slowly peel off the outer white covering. You only need to peel away the outer white skin. The thin inner brown skin is edible. Some of the seeds will have naturally opened, but others may take some effort to peel. Be careful, the skin can be sharp.
3. Now cut them into round slices.
4. Now add chopped cucumber , onion and green chilli one by one.
5.Add chopped coriander leaves and jeera powder.
6. Now add salt to taste, and lemon juice and toss Jackfruit seed Salad well.
7. Transfer the Salad to a bowl and serve.
Serve it as a mid day snack in an office lunch box or as part of an everyday meal…..