Paneer tikka is an Indian dish made from chunks of paneer marinated in spices, curd and grilled in a tandoor.. Its a popular veg starter or appetizer recipe which is heavily popular in India. I tried in tawa because of smoky flavour it has to offer. These paneer tikka can be served as a starter or a snack with sliced onions, lime and mint chutney. So check out his to make easy Paneer tikka recipe on tawa here…..
250 to 300 grams paneer (I have used cavin paneer)
1 medium to large bell pepper (capsicum – green or yellow or red)
1 medium to large tomato
1 medium to large onion
1 cup thick curd ( yogurt)
¾ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp coriander powder
¾ tsp cumin powder (ground cumin)
¾ tsp oil
¾ tsp garam masala
½ ginger garlic paste
1 tsp red chilli powder
Salt to taste
1.First add one cup of curd in a bowl or pan.
2. Thn add all ingredients one by one ( turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste , salt and little oil).
3. Stir and mix well till u get a thick batter.
4. Add the diced vegetable (capsicum, tomato , onion and paneer slices).
5. With your hands mix very well. So that the marinade coats the paneer and veggies evenly.
6. Cover the bowl & keep the marinade in the fridge for 30 minutes so that the paneer can absorb all the masala evenly.
7. Take wooden skewer or toothpick, arrange the paneer cubes and veggies one by one.
8. Take little oil in non stick grill pan place the skewers and cook on a medium flame.
9. Keep checking and turning them around all sides for even grilling. When they turn golden, transfer them to serving plate.
10. Serve the paneer tikka hot or warm with onion lemon salad or mint chutney.
First, when you prepare paneer tikka on stove top, either use a non stick or ceramic pan or use a well seasoned tawa or griddle. Even tawas on which you make dosas also work well.
Secondly, I have used fresh homemade curd u can also use yogurt.
Try and have fun with family, dears❤️.