It’s time to learn to make spongy rasagulla at home. Rasgulla is a famous Bengali sweet made from milk. Rasagulla is a juicy milk based desert loved by all of my family members from sanchi to my father in law everyone loves rasagulla. This rasagulla recipe will give you soft spongy and juicy rasagulla that are quick to make. It can be even tried by beginners.. I tried it for first time and it came out well. Although making rasgulla can be tricky, but this post will help you to get it right
I have kept this recipe very simple, easy prepared from Chenna.
1 liter Full Cream Milk
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1½ cups Sugar (little less or more, as per your taste)
4 cups Water
A pinch of Cardamom powder optional
Few saffron strand for garnishing
1) Bring the milk to boil over medium flame. Keep it aside.. Let it get cool a bit.
2) Then add lemon juice in milk
stir till milk curdles completely.
3)Now drain the curdled milk in to a cloth. Rinse only when it gets slight warm. Add a glass of water and clean the curdled milk as it has lemon juice in it.
4) Squeeze it gently to drain the excess water and hang it for 30 minutes to get the right amount of moisture.
5) Take the mixture from cloth and transfer it to a plate.
6)Start to knead the mixture with hands break the granules of milk solids. Use the pressure from your palm. It’s important to knee it well to get the perfect texture. Mash the mixture atleast for 5 minutes for a string grip. The whole kneading process took me some 8-10 minutes.
7)Make small tiny balls without any cracks and keep aside.
8)Now take 1½ cup sugar in a pan, add Cardamon powder and 4 cups of water .
9) Boil the syrup for 10 minutes on medium flame.
after that, drop the prepared balls into boiling sugar syrup.
10)Cover it with lid and continue cooking for 15 minutes. You can see the balls have doubled in size. Turn of the stove.
11) keep aside till it cools completely and then refrigerate.
12) Serve them chilled. Garnish with saffron strand.
1) Kneading to a smooth dough is very much important to give a good texture to rasagullas
2)Use deep and wide mouthed vessel for perfect cooking.
3) Add a bit of rava and corn flour (optional) It help to prevent the balls from breaking.
4) Don’t put lemon while milk getting boil,put after it get boiled.
5) Boiling the balls for the right amount of time and at the right heat is also needed.