Burger is one such dish my daughter wanted me to try from long….So i tried for her and it really came out well .. She enjoyed it ….. Veg burger with homemade burger patty recipe…… All time Popular and favorite snack. There’s nothing better than a home made burger. You can make this veg burger just in 15 minutes and you can also make it your own burgers with different spices and herbs. You can also enjoy cutlets with tea at evening time. Learn how to make Vegetable Burgers.
For veg patties / potato patties / aloo tikki:
Potato 2 ( big)
Green peas 2 tbsp
Capsicum 2 tsp finely chopped
Coriander powder 1/2 tbsp
Red chilli powder 1/2 tbsp
Cumin seed powder 1/2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Garam masala 2 pinch
Bread crumps 1/2 cup
Oil to fry
For corn flour – maida paste:
Maida 2 tsp
Corn flour 1 tsp
Water 1/4 cup
For burger sauce / mayo-tomato sauce:
Eggless mayonnaise sauce 2 tbsp
Tomato sauce 2 tbsp
Chilli sauce 2 tbsp
For burger assembling:
Burger bun 4 pieces
Tomato 2 sliced
Onion 2 sliced
Cheese slice 4
Burger stick 4
For making Corn-flour maida paste recipe:
Mix maida and corn flour in a wide bowl.
Add required water and make a smooth paste.
For making Burger sauce recipe :
Take a small bowl add mayonnaise sauce , green chilli sauce & tomato sauce.
Mix well and keep aside
For Making Aloo patties:
1) Boil the potatoes and peel the skin, Boil the green peas in hot water for 5 minutes and drain the water thoroughly.
2) Mash the potatoes and green peas with your hands nicely and add the finely chopped capsicum, coriander powder, jeerapowder, salt, garam masala and red chilli powder.
3) You can add finely chopped coriander leaves too.
4) Mix them nicely to form a firm mixture.If you feel the mixture is not firm, add 1-2 tblsp of all purpose flour(maida)
5) Now take a handful of mixture and give a nice round shape. slightly press uniformly to make patties. adjust the size according to the size of burger bun or you can shape it with round shape ring.
6) Dip each patty in corn-flour maida paste. cover on both the sides
7) Then coat the patty in breadcrumbs. alternatively, you can also use semolina / rava.
8) Heat oil for shallow frying. meanwhile, dust the excess bread crumbs. place them carefully in the medium hot oil
9) Then one side is golden, flip and fry the other side. drain the patty on kitchen paper towels to remove excess oil.
For making Aloo patty Burger:
1) Take a large burger bun and cut them half horizontally
2) Spread the burger sauce or any dressing you are using on the down part of the bun.
3) Place a lettuce over it and press 9i didnt use in the pic)
4) Place the Aloo patty on it and place onion& tomato slice carefully on it
5) Place the cheese slice over the patty.
6) Apply burger sauce on the other half of burger bun (bottom part bun)
7) Close the buns tightly. You can insert a tooth pick too
Khaman dhokla is a delicious Gujarati snack which is similar texture like cake is very popular in India….. Khaman dhokla are prepared and steamed till. It’s luffiest, softest, spongiest like idlis.. If you tried making dhokla but never got a fluffy and soft sure checkout this way…
For Dhokla :
Besan/ Chickpea flour – 250 gms (1 & 1/2 cup)
Curd/Yogurt – 1/2 cup (not very sour)
Water – 1/2 cup
Cooking/Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
For seasoning to be mixed to the batter (to be added just before cooking)
Oil – 1 tbsp
Turmeric a pinch
Green Chili paste – 1 – 2 (or as per taste)
Sugar – 1 tsp
Citric acid – quarter tsp (or lemon juice)
Eno – 1 small packet (green colour fruit lime) + some more for sprinkling on the plate
salt to taste
Little water + Oil to be topped on dhoklas
1) Mix first 1/2 cup curds with 1/2 water
2) Add the besan and mix well to get a lump less batter, the consistency should be of idli batter, more of dropping not pouring consistency.
3)Now take a steaming high sided plate and grease it well with oil. Set aside till use.
4)Slowly add more water if needed else, add the soda. Keep it aside to rise for 1 hour. To the batter mix in the citric acid, oil, salt, sugar, green chili paste and turmeric powder. Mix well. This has to be done just before pouring to the plate
5)Meanwhile have the pan on stove, and let the water start boiling. When the water reaches the rolling stage, you can mix the eno to the batter (Save little of eno for dusting on the plate), mix gently, you will see bubbles coming out.
6)Pour it immediately in the grease plate and pop into the steamer.
Steam it for 15 to 20 mins or till a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
6) When the dhokla is steaming, make the green chutney. Take all ingredients in a blender and make into a smooth paste. Your green chutney is done. Set aside till serving.
7) Now After 20 mins remove the dhokla from the steamer and set aside. Now make the tempering, heat oil in a tadka pan, add in mustard, green chilli, asafoetida and let them sizzle for a min. Take it off the stove and Pour in water and mix them well.
8) Now drizzle this all over the dhokla, you can top it with coriander leaves and coconut.
9) Slice and Serve with green chutney.
Last Saturday got a invite through Chennai Bloggers club to witness the launch of a new kiosk like product called “GoFrshly” from a company called OwlTech ( A Food industry IOT firm)..I accepted to go as I m a big foodie….. The event was at IT park SP Infocity at Owl Tech Office …The office is really amazing with brickwork, furniture made from stacking pallets..The atmosphere was awesome and i totally loved it …
Once we entered Divya Gandhi and Abhiskek welcomed us with a brief about the machine and food box and how they deliver hot fresh food in 90 seconds.. It was quite interesting .. Then we had a gud time playing Scrabble in which we won second place… Then we got introduced to the CEO of Owl Tech, Satish Chamyvelumani….
Frshly is a first-of-its-kind automated retail marketplace that makes good food accessible to customers..An ecosystem whereby consumers have access to a collaborative platform of food providers. Along with inspired flavours, we provide fresh, hygienic food from their favourite resturants all under 90 seconds! I totally loved this idea of Food industry IOT.
We then went to the food court of SP Infocity to witness the Frshly machine situated there.. Do you imagine u can order food from ur desk through paytm from their app ..once u free go get ur food ready at the counter. It really saves our time with modern technology..No need to waste ur precious time standing in queues, fighting for space in small food counters in malls, eliminates the need to buy those redundant mall food cards and of course not shell out a premium for those small quantities of a meal. The GoFrshly team ties up with several restaurants including Anjappar, Paradise Biryani, Delhi Highway and even Dominos (quite soon).
Your favourite food on the move..I tried using there app to order food from my favourite North Indian Vegeterain Restuarant. Delhi Highway..Veg combo meal costing Rs.129. which had 2 Tawa Phulkas, Jeera Rice, Channa Sabji and a Paneer Tikka starter ..It was really filling and my tummy was happy 🙂 .The packaging is really amazing in food grade plastic that has been tested and allows to be heated without contaminating the food….. It was really a awesome experience once i ordered the frshly machine started it process and deliver fresh food within 60 seconds . Can you imagine….. to get hot fresh food without a queue….. Sure you tooo will love it once you experience to order ur favourite food from the frshly machine
They serve piping hot hygienically prepared food from popular restaurants across the city ensuring quality, convenience and variety. Frshly is all set to serve at multiple locations across the nation to efficiently accommodate its clock watching, quality and health conscious diners in today’s fast paced world. Further more consumers can download the official Frshly app from the Apple and Google play stores to pick locations, order and pay for their food…Currently Frshly is present in Chennai and Bangalore in the cafeterias of many IT parks…..
Are you busy ….Feel hungry dont worry just order and have fun with food #gofrshly